A Positive Touch for a Positive You.......
Welcome to A Positive Touch, My name is Tracey, I am a complementary therapist and registered nurse, with a background in childcare and development. I am fully qualified and insured in various types of reflexology (please see the page on reflexology), reiki, hopi ear candles, Indian head massage, baby massage, and story massage.
I will listen to your needs, what you hope to gain from your therapy session and together we will make a plan to reach your goal. Whether it is stress reduction, alleviating anxiety, regulating your period, managing menopausal symptoms, helping with symptoms of PMS, sleep hygiene, managing pain, managing migraine or irritable bowel syndrome, managing lymphatic drainage, sinus problems, build up of ear wax , teething, or colic - the possibilities are endless. Reflexology and the other therapies I offer are very safe, and have been found to be effective for many.
I work from my home treatment room on the outskirts of Dundee - easily reached from areas in and around Dundee, Angus and Perth.
If you have any questions about any conditions or problems you may have and whether any of the therapies I offer may help, please get in touch by email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Complementary therapies can run alongside conventional medicine; but should not be used in place of. Complementary therapies are never used to diagnose. You should always seek advice from your GP if you are concerned about any symptoms you may have.
I have been interested in complementary/holistic therapies since I was at school. However being born in the 1970's and brought up on the East coast of Scotland - at that time there was not much call for reflexology or Indian head massage, and I was advised "it was not an option for a career". On leaving school I went on to become a registered nurse. A job which I have loved, and still do today. I split my working time at the moment, between being a practice nurse and complementary therapies.
In 2000 I gained a qualification in Child development and Education and worked as part of a government initiative through "Sure start" for a local authority. Working with the children of substance misusing parents, and the parents themselves. I feel very privileged to have had such a role. It was in this post I was given the opportunity to train as a baby massage teacher, teaching parents how to massage their baby safely, and how to promote positive attachments, how to pick up on their baby's early communication.
At this time I also worked closely with the health board in Perth and Kinross, with very young expectant mothers and new young mothers offering them therapies as a way of relaxation, and an introduction into the services available to support them.
At this point I went on to become a fully qualified reflexologist and since then have studied further to learn and gain experience in specialised areas of reflexology, along with adding to the therapies I offer.
I also provide Reiki and Reflexology on Saturday morning's in the multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy centre in Dundee.
COVID 19 - PLEASE READ
There will be changes to how I work throughout this time of COVID. I am ( all being well ready to re-open from the end of August.) Please read the following to ensure you get the best from your appointment, while keeping safe.
* The evening before your appointment I will call you to go through a Covid risk assesment
* I ask that if you feel unwell the day of your appointment you notify me and do not attend, we can re-schedule
* Please turn up alone, I have no waiting facilities
* Please do not bring shopping bags
* Please wear a mask / I shall also be wearing a mask
* I will have a tray for your phone, purse, keys, shoes to go into
* I hope that you will be re-assured that the treatment area will be fully sanitised between clients, therefore I am seeing less numbers of people and will be mindful of time. Please do not arrive early.
* As usual all towels will be freshly laundered for each client, and the beloved reflexology chair will have a wipeable cover (for sanitising) and then another cover over this. All covers and blankets will be freshly laundered for each client.
* Entry is through the side gate on my property, I will be there to greet you on your arrival
* I will provide hand sanitiser on arrival and departure
* Unfortunately during this time I will not be able to provide water, please bring your own bottled water
* Unfortunately during this time, there will be no entry to my home, therefore there will be no toilet facilities, please ensure you go before you leave home.
* Your details will be made available to Track and Trace if required
I know this all seems very military and perhaps a little clinical, but I hope you will be reassured to know I am doing my best to keep us all safe, so you can continue to enjoy your reflexology sessions. Let's hope if we all do a little, it can change a lot, and we can return to normality sooner rather than later.